Laser Module & Laser Device
PPMgSLT crystal QPM-type wavelength-conversion device
A PPMgSLT device is a quasi-phase-matching (QPM)-type wavelength-conversion device that consists of an MgO-doped stoichiometric lithium tantalate (MgO:SLT) substrate in which a periodically poled structure is formed. Shimadzu's advanced poling technology enables the formation of a uniform periodically poled structure and thereby enables uniform, high-efficiency wavelength conversion over a wide aperture range. Also, the MgO:SLT substrate boasts superior photorefractive1) resistance and GRIIRA2) (green induced infrared absorption) resistance and so a PPMgSLT device can be used for the wavelength conversion of high-output lasers.
SHG (second harmonic generation) devices capable of generating green light (532 nm), blue light (473 nm), and yellow light (558 nm) are available as standard models. In addition to SHG devices, we produce optical parametric oscillators and SFG (sum frequency generation) and DFG (difference frequency generation) devices, and can produce customized devices for various wavelength bands. Contact us any time for details.
Features of PPMgSLT Devices
- They have a large transparency region (270 to 4,500 nm) and can be used for ultraviolet-region applications, such as 355-nm lasers.
- They use MgO:SLT substrates, which have high photorefractive resistance and superior GRIIRA resistance, thereby ensuring high light resistance.
- They have a uniform periodically poled structure made possible by the optimization of poling technology. This makes uniform wavelength conversion possible over a wide aperture range.
- They have a high thermal conductivity of 8.7 W/m·K3), ensuring superior heat dissipation.
- Nonlinear coefficients (i.e., "d" coefficients) that are large in comparison with those of birefringent phase-matched crystalscan be used. (deff = approx. 10 pm/V)
- Utilizing high light resistance and large nonlinear coefficients, these devices are ideal as wavelength-conversion devices for high-output CW lasers.
This page may contain references to products that are not available in your country. Please contact us to check the availability of these products in your country.